1. 1,633 new COVID-19 infections take Nigeria’s total caseload to 120,602. Deaths, recoveries updated
Nigeria on Saturday recorded 1,633 fresh COVID-19 cases.
2. Confusion as APC dismisses reports on postponement of membership registration
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has dismissed as fake and mischievous reports on the purported postponement of its membership registration and revalidation exercise scheduled to commence on Monday.
3. IGBOHO: HURIWA accuses IGP of bias, demands arrest of Miyetti Allah’s president for inciting violence
The Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA) on Saturday accused the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, of bias after he ordered the arrest of a grassroots politician in Oyo State, Sunday Ighoho, for giving Fulani herdsmen a seven-day ultimatum to leave the state.
4. Afenifere fires back at ACF, says Yoruba nation cannot be threatened with war
The pan-Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, has reacted to a statement credited to the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), over a bloody clash on Friday at a Fulani settlement in the Igangan area of Ibarapa North local government area of Oyo State.
5. IGP orders Sunday Igboho’s arrest over herdsmen quit notice, violence
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the arrest of a grassroots politician in Oyo State, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, for giving Fulani herdsmen a seven-day ultimatum to leave the state.
6. ‘This dangerous trend could lead to another civil war’, ACF reacts to attack on herdsmen in Oyo
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has reacted to the attack on a Fulani settlement in Oyo State on Friday, led by a Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho.
7. Gov Bello advocates stiffer punishment for bandits’ informants in Niger
The Niger State governor, Abubakar Sani Bello, on Saturday proposed the same punishment for kidnappers, armed bandits, and their informants in the state.
8. CBN threatens to shut accounts of operators who flout Diaspora remittance regulations
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has threatened to shut the accounts of operators who continue to violate diaspora remittance regulations as well as withdraw their operating licences.
9. Milan condemned to second loss of Serie A season in 3-0 thrashing by Atlanta
Serie A leaders, AC Milan were condemned to a second defeat of the league season in a 3-0 thrashing at home by Atalanta on Saturday.
10. Rivers Utd thrash Celtic in Confederation Cup to set up meeting with Enyimba
Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) club, Rivers United have advanced to the play-off round of the Confederation Cup after beating Bloemfontein Celtic home and away.