1. FG targets 70% COVID-19 vaccination in two years –Health Minister
The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, said on Monday the Federal Government was exploring all options to ensure the vaccination of 70 percent of Nigeria’s population in two years.
2. FG threatens to shut down NYSC camps over COVID-19
The Federal Government on Monday threatened to shut down any National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Orientation Camp where the state government does not comply with all the COVID-19 protocols.
3. PTF confirms discovery of UK COVID-19 strain in Nigeria
The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on Monday confirmed the discovery of the United Kingdom COVID-19 strain in Nigeria.
4. South-West governors ban open grazing
Governors of the six South-West states on Monday agreed to ban all forms of open grazing in the region.
5. Nigerian govt extends relaxation of COVID-19 lockdown by one month
The Federal Government has extended phase three of the relaxation of the COVID-19 lockdown by one month.
6. Nigeria attracted $2.6bn investment in 2020 – UN
Nigeria was the top Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) destination in Sub-Saharan Africa for 2020 ahead of South Africa and Ethiopia, the United Nations Trade Association (UNTA) said on Monday.
7. Nigeria second most expensive country to rent an apartment in Africa —Survey
Securing an apartment for rent in Nigeria is more expensive than any other country in Africa except for Seychelles, according to data by global data service provider Numbeo.
8. Nigeria spends N75.23bn on pipeline repairs in one year
Between September 2019 and September 2020, Nigeria spent over N75.23 billion on repairs and maintenance of leaking pipelines carrying crude oil from wells to flow stations.
9. CBN to bar exporters with un-repatriated proceeds from banking services
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed banks in the country to stop Nigerian exporters who are yet to repatriate their export proceeds effective from January 31, 2021.
10. Onyekuru rejoins Galatasaray on loan for third time, hopes to stay longer
Super Eagles forward, Henry Onyekuru has completed the move to rejoin for the third time, Turkish club Galatasaray on loan.