1. NCDC cautions Nigerians on COVID-19, says virus is ‘spreading fast and causing death
The Director-General of Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, on Monday, alerted Nigerians on the dangerous dimension the COVID-19 pandemic had taken in recent weeks.
2. 1,244 new COVID-19 infections take Nigeria’s total caseload to 101,331. Deaths, recoveries update.
Nigeria on Monday recorded 1,244 fresh COVID-19 cases.
3. COVID-19 shifted health workers’ attention from HIV, tuberculosis – Minister
The Minister of State for Health, Olorunnimbe Mamora, said on Monday the COVID-19 pandemic has shifted the attention of medical experts from HIV, tuberculosis and other ailments in the country.
4. Why Buhari refuses to sack service chiefs – Presidency
The presidency on Monday explained why President Muhammadu Buhari has refused to sack the country service chiefs despite widespread demand for their removal.
5. NIMC warns Nigerians of fake app by fraudsters to harvest BVN
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has warned Nigerians to be wary of fake National Identity Number (NIN) app created by fraudsters to harvest people’s NIN and Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) by default.
6. COVID-19: Nigerian govt to review January 18 resumption date for schools
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said on Monday the Federal Government would review the January 18 date for resumption of schools across Nigeria over the spike in COVID-19 cases in the country.
7. PenCom says pension assets rose by N184.68bn in Q3 of 2020
The National Pension Commission (PenCom) has disclosed that total assets under the Contributory Pension Scheme had risen by N184.68bn in the third quarter of 2020.
8. Nigerian govt signs $1.9bn agreement for Kano-Niger Republic rail project
The Federal Government has signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mota- Engil Group for the construction of $1.959 billion Kano-Maradi Standard Gauge rail project.
9. McKinsey & Company predicts bright future for Nigerian insurance sector
A global management consultancy services firm, McKinsey & Company, has predicted a bright future for the insurance sector in Nigeria and some other African countries, describing Africa as one of the world’s hot regions for insurance penetration.
10. Finidi ‘improving self’ with hopes of coaching Nigeria’s national team in future
Former Nigeria international, Finidi George says he will not relent in improving himself as a football coach despite constant rejection by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).