1. 1,270 new COVID-19 cases take Nigeria’s total to 102,601. Deaths, recoveries updated
Nigeria on Tuesday recorded 1,270 fresh COVID-19 cases.
2. Nigeria to get more oil revenue with PIB – Lawan
The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, said on Tuesday Nigeria would generate more revenue from the oil and gas industry with the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).
3. Nigerian govt releases fresh COVID-19 protocol for travelers
The Federal Government on Tuesday issued a fresh COVID-19 protocol for all international travelers in the country.
4. INEC to introduce new technologies ahead of 2023 election
The Director of Voter Education and Publicity at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mr. Nick Dazang, said on Tuesday the commission planned to introduce new technologies ahead of the 2023 general election in the country.
5. FG to vaccinate 103 million Nigerians for COVID-19
The Director-General of the Budget Office, Ben Akabueze, said on Tuesday the Federal Government would vaccinate 103 million Nigerians or 50 percent of the country’s total population for the COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Nigerian stocks rise 0.36% with 26 gainers against 20 losers
The Nigerian stock market rose by 0.36% as the All share index moved from 40,150.78 to 40,295.95 largely driven by the advancements in the shares of insurance and industrial goods stocks. In total, 26 stocks gained against 20 losers.
7. Nigeria, others to get $5bn investment from World Bank
Nigeria, alongside 11 other African countries will get over $5 billion investment, over the next five years from the World Bank, to help restore degraded landscapes, improve agriculture productivity, and promote livelihoods.
8. AMCON bad debts drop by N1 trillion but…
The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) on Monday disclosed that the total of outstanding debt by loan defaulters on its books has dropped by N1 trillion to N4.4 trillion. Read more
9. Naira crashes to N470/$1, as turnover drops by 59%
The Naira has, once again, weakened at the black market as the exchange rate at the parallel market suffered its second depreciation of the year.
10. EPL: Iwobi scores for Everton at Wolves, Man Utd go top with Burnley win
Super Eagles forward, Alex Iwobi was on target for Everton in their 2-1 victory against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a Premier League encounter on Tuesday night.